Welcome to The Prince of Wales Surgery, Dorchester
As you enter Frederick Treves House, a purpose-built medical centre - we are on the right - please approach our Reception, where you will receive a warm welcome.
Our aim at the Prince of Wales Surgery is to provide comprehensive, friendly, professional and personal service, with time to discuss our patients’ healthcare concerns. We endeavour to make it easy for our patients to make an appointment to see their doctor, nurse or other healthcare professional.
We intend to be part of our local community and a centre for excellence in the provision of primary healthcare, with in-house provision of a range of medical services.
Saving lives by teaching others to save lives.We are committed and dedicated to providing higher professional standards for qualified doctors and medical students. You may occasionally have consultations with one of these doctors under direct supervision. We will provide these services by maintaining an efficient and user-friendly business. We are a Personal Medical Services (PMS) Contract Practice.
Flu Vaccination Clinics
We are now taking bookings for flu vaccinations, please see under 'Clinics and Services' to check your eligibility. Please call in or phone the surgery to make an appointment.
Ebola Outbreak in West Africa
If you have travelled to any of the affected countries in West Africa and you are displaying signs of infection please do not come to the surgery premises, please phone and ask for advice. When the surgery is closed please phone NHS 111.
Signs of ebola infection are:
- Fever of 38 deg or above within the last 24 hours
- Have visited one of the affected countries within the last 21 days
- Affected countries are: Liberia, Guinea, Sierra Leone & Nigeria
Repeat Prescription Requests
To ensure safe requesting of repeat medication we can no longer accept requests over the telephone.
You can order repeat scripts in the following ways:
· By dropping request to the surgery, there is a 24 hr letter box for repeat prescriptions by the front door for when we are closed
· Via your pharmacy – please ask them for advice
· Online – please ask at reception for registration of this service – you will need photo ID when registering for this
· B y Post with an SAE or request to send to your usual chemist
Please be reminded that 48 hours’ notice is required for repeat prescriptions.
Register for On-Line Services by clicking on the SystmOnline logo
(Site updated 20/10/2014)